If you are looking for a credit card it can be a complicated search process. There are many choices offering different benefits and rewards.
The process is mostly about figuring about what is right for you and what credit card fits well with your lifestyle. You first have to decide what benefits you want most out of your card. If you eat out a lot or use your card for gas, finding a card that rewards you more in those areas would be the best idea.
Choosing To Go For A Rewards Card
But, if you travel a lot you may want to look into getting a card that rewards for miles and travel. Some cards are friendlier than others, meaning some offer more points for certain types of purchases. There are also specific cards tailored to certain retailers you may shop at. With these cards you get regards for shopping at these stores, these are cards like Target REDCard, Kohl’s Charge Card, etc. One of the most straightforward and simple rewards cards is the Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card it is a card that offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases. To be eligible for the Capital One Quick Cash Reward credit card, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years old or above
- Reside within the U.S.
- Earn at least $425 more than your monthly rent or mortgage payment
- Have less than 5 accounts with capital one
- Must not have issues with your credit report, especially those that are related to unresolved bankruptcy
- Must not have attempted opening accounts more than twice within the last one month
The Capital One Quick Cash reward credit card is more suited for both maximizers and satisfies. Maximizers are the people who can compromise on convenience in order to pursue maximum returns and probably the ones who could ask, do the cash back rewards expire? This is because they are keen on following up on their rewards. On the other hand, satisfies are the ones who prefer convenience over pursuing huge returns.
What to Look out for When Using This Card
You are probably asking yourself many questions regarding this credit card. What should I look out for when using this card? Do the cash back rewards expire? Well, I will break it down for you and at the end of it all, you will have the credit card know-how you need.
- Introductory APR- The credit card has been a trendsetter as far as the use of Intro APR is concerned. The card offers Intro APR for 15 months. The 0% APR is applicable on purchases as well as balance transfers that are made in the first 15 months from the date of account opening. Afterward, the APR shoots up to between 14.74% and 24.74%. However, note that the credit card charges 3% on the balance transfers.
- Cashback Rewards- This is another interesting feature you should look out for in this credit card. Every purchase you make earns a 1.5% flat rate cash back. You will earn the cash back easily on your purchases regardless of category. Do the cash back rewards expire? Well, the rewards don’t expire. They last for the life of the account. Additionally, you can earn as much as you can, there is no limit.
- Sign-up bonus- The card offers $150 cash bonus to customers who make purchases worth more than $500 purchases within the first 3 months from the date of account opening. The spending requirement is at a minimal level and therefore, you won’t feel the pressure to overspend so that you can earn it.
- Qualification requirements- The card’s qualification requirements are reasonable. The card is designed for people with credit scores above 600. Although it is not the only card that offers reward cards to people with good credit scores, it is still a reasonable requirement since you don’t have to push your credit score to 800 to qualify. This is one of the facts about using the capital one quicksilver cash reward credit card that people take for granted.
- Simple rewards structure- If you value simplicity you will appreciate how rewards are structured in the Capital One Quicksilver rewards card. You don’t have to worry about losing track of rotating bonus categories or keeping a close eye on which card you used for which purchase. Additionally, the card does not have a minimum redemption requirement and therefore, you can redeem as low as $1.89 worth of rewards.
- Reasonable fees- The low fees charged by the card is another good answer for questions such as “what should I look out for when using this card?” apart from the fact they charge 0$ annual fee, they also don’t charge foreign transaction fees. It only charges a 3% balance transfer fee, making the overall sum of fees reasonable.
How to Redeem Rewards or get Cash Back
This is one of the facts about using the capital one quicksilver cash reward credit card that are sought after by cardholders. Credit cards have different ways of getting cash back and redeeming of rewards. The card gives an option of redeeming your rewards for travel, gift cards among other items. You can set a schedule for your rewards to be redeemed automatically. You can also redeem your cash back through a statement credit or check.
How It Works
With many rewards cards, you have to wait until your rewards amount is at a certain number. In other words, you can’t redeem your rewards cash until your rewards hit a certain increment. With this card, you can redeem whenever you feel like it. This gives you the flexibility to feel like you are earning as fast as you are spending. Here is a summary of the benefits:
- No annual fee
- 1.5 percent cash back
- Deferred APR promo for the first nine months
- Low variable APR offer
This card offers many incentives, there is no annual fee, which means you, can spend and earn even more benefits by not having to pay an annual fee. There is also a 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make. Many cards offer 2 percent cash back on qualifying purchases and 1% on all other purchases, but this card beats that by giving you cash back on every purchase.
Attractive Interest Rates
For the first nine months, you can also enjoy no APR on purchases. After the promotion, the APR has a variable starting at 13.99%, which is pretty low for unsecured credit cards. This card is accessible for those with good to excellent credit, credit scores in the 600s will be considered as well. In addition to deferred interest, they offer a sign on bonus that is easy to take advantage of. After you spend $500 within the first three months, you can get $150 as a bonus. Since $500 is easy to spend on most credit card holders getting this bonus will be easy to achieve.
Building Your Rewards
Furthermore, it is spread out over three months, which means you can spend as little as 166 points a month on your card. Earning substantial cash rewards can take a lot of time, but this card makes it easy to receive those rewards. The card is set up to reward you for small and everyday spending. This is why it is an ideal card for people who want to use their card frequently and receive the benefits. Another great aspect of this card is you can see if you pre-qualify. It a few minutes you can get matched for this card and it will not affect your credit score. The one thing to note about this card, however, is there are not many opportunities for bonus rewards. Reward redemption is frequent however there are no other incentives to earn more. If you do not have stellar credit and are interested in getting approved for this card make it a goal to achieve the credit score you need to get this card.
Easy Approval Credit Cards
You can build your credit by taking out a secured or easy approval credit card and using it responsibly and consistently for six months to a year and raising your score. You do not want to prematurely apply for this card if you have poor credit so take some time to gauge where your credit score is and the likelihood of being approved for this card before you apply. It is not impossible to get this card but be sure you understand where your credit standing is. Even with good credit, you want to be able to take advantage of the best APR score. The better your credit score the more likely you are to have a lower interest rate. Overall, this card is a great card to apply for and to work towards if you do not yet qualify for it. The rewards are easy to get and redeem, and the variable interest rates are flexible. You can take advantage of savings and earnings with this card as you use it at your favorite restaurants, and stores.